Grieving through big life events
Grief and big life events… SO many of you wanted an episode covering this topic. And we get why. Doing simple things like food shopping, driving to work, even sleeping can feel impossible when you’re grieving, and it’s hard to imagine how you’ll ever get through the big stuff.
Now we haven’t experienced everything (marriage, kids etc.), but we can share our own experiences of what we’ve been through so far, and how we’re feeling about all that future stuff too.
Here’s a brief overview of what you can expect:
- Our feelings towards big life events now and how grief has impacted them
- Our previous life events and what’s happened more recently
- Who our ‘person’ is now and becoming your own champion
- Buying a new house without your parent
- The pressure we feel to make something of our lives
- How to be in the moment and appreciate the big stuff
- How we feel about getting married and having children
- Our advice
Season 3 Episode 1 Welcome back to the Dead Parent Club podcast. We're kicking off season 3 with the brilliant Alex Brooker as our first guest, as he shares his own grief story. In May 2019, his Dad Gordon passed away suddenly while Alex was at a...
Season 2 Grief and Fatherhood with Steve Bland To mark the upcoming Father’s Day in the UK, we’ll be focusing each and every episode in June on men’s grief. From grief stories and mental health to fatherhood, we have a number of exciting episodes lined up with...